Wow – I don’t update this blog very often.
For more up-to-date news and banter, I recommend checking out my Facebook page:
What a year 2012 has been so far!
- Jan–Mar: The new Oxtoby album Twelve was recorded with friends in Liverpool.
- Feb: I performed at the second Threshold Festival in Liverpool, debuting my cover of “The Big Bang Theory Theme Song”.
- Apr: I moved to St. Albans, leaving my beloved Liverpool behind.
Gigging in St. Albans began in earnest including restaurants and pubs, and a particularly busy Diamond Jubilee weekend.
- Jun: The official launch gig for Twelve at The Horn in St. Albans on the same day that I ran the St. Albans half marathon!
- Jun: I attended the Isle of Wight festival. Highlights were Biffy Clyro, Pearl Jam and Tom Petty.
- Jul: A brief tour Down Under including the Southern Hemisphere launch of Twelve at the Music Kafe in Brisbane’s West End. The Courtesy Bus reunited for one performance only, which was a lot of fun.
- Jul: I was interviewed and performed live on Chris Saunders’ show on Radio Verulam in St. Albans.
- Jul: Performed live as part of “Music In The Parks“. It was an excellent afternoon of acoustic music at Clarence Park in St. Albans.
- Aug: By invitation, Oxtoby returned to Liverpool to perform in the Block Party at Hannah’s Bar alongside such luminaries as The Amazing Kappa, Ogo, Coffee and Cakes for Funerals and Esco Williams (to name a few). An amazing day full of excellent music.
Guests during Oxtoby’s set included Kev from The Fifth Movement on cajon, Howlin’ Phil on harmonica, Heather from Soul Doubt on vocals, and Harmony Eccles on vocals.
- Aug: I officially joined the house band for the “Pimp My Band” evenings at the Blacksmiths Arms in St. Albans. Every other Thursday.
And there is much, much more to come from Oxtoby this year…
This just in from Indie Music News: a preview of the Threshold Festival next month:
I get a mention as being featured on the Liverpool Acoustic stage (Facebook link), which has ten acoustic acts performing between 2pm and 7pm.
Check out the Facebook event page for more info on this year’s Threshold Festival. You can get your Saturday festival ticket here: http://tiny.cc/threshold12tickets (Oxtoby is performing for 20 minutes on Saturday 11 Feb at
3:30pm 3:20pm in Elevator Bar).
Help me write my setlist by requesting a cover song or original song. Either vote in the poll, request via Twitter, or comment on my note on Facebook.